Thursday, December 5, 2013

Green NC Today

Green Living is the Life For Me!

Today I had the pleasure of attending the Green NC conference in Raleigh put on by the US Green Building Council NC Chapter. I helped with social media and took some photos. You can find my posts by going to twitter and searching #GreenNC and photos are up now at:

http://imgur.com/a/J9XYl

One of my favorite speakers was Barbra Batshalom of the Sustainable Performance Institute in Boston. Her message was around the issue of climate change and how we need to be less "random acts of sustainability" and more intentional.

I will be sure to post a link to talk on a future blog. One of my favorite points was that we have become a check box / certification society when designing green buildings and basically it has created a situation where the tail is wagging the dog...


At the same conference, they were passing out a book called "Do Your Part: A Practical Guide to Everyday Green Living" by Terri Bennett. I be sure to give it a read and let you know what I think and maybe share some ideas as well.

Green Living is the Life for Me!

Rick
apexgardner@gmail.com
@apexgardner (Twitter)



No comments:

Post a Comment