Monday, February 24, 2014

Switching to a Tankless Water Heater

Green Living is the Life for Me

I currently have a traditional water heater. I have heard the pros and cons about a tankless water heater from the gas company and wasn't sure if it was the right move for me, so I decided to interview my neighbor Chris Boudreaux to find out more about his experience.
















Traditional Water Heater
























Tankless Water Heater





















Side view of Tankless Water Heater

























*************
More Information

Consumer Reports Article on Tankless Water Heaters

Energy.Gov article on Tankless Water Heaters

**************

For me, it boils down to money and timing. When our water heater broke a few years ago, it flooded the garage and was replaced for under $1000. Chris's switch to tankless water heater cost his family around $2500 and included a federal incentive and rebate from the gas company. The life expectancy of a traditional water heater is 8-10 years and ours lasted 12 years. Should the situation occur again, I will definitely consider a tankless water heater. The tankless water heater saves gas, last longer and for us, would waste less water while waiting for the water to heat up. Currently we wait over a minute for our shower to get hot as it must travel from the tank in our garage to upstairs to our bathroom.


Thanks for checking out my blog and my sponsors.

Rick
apexgardner@gmail.com
@apexgardner (Twitter)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment