Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Green Living Resolution Follow-Up

Green Living is the Life for Me!

Today I am following up on my 2014 Sustainability Resolutions...












Successes:













  • Exercising Daily
  • Praying and giving thanks for 10 things everyday
  • Eating more fruits and vegetables
My wife is expanding our garden for this season














  • Going to church weekly
  • Drinking less soft drinks and more water
Drinking more water thanks to my Brita Pitcher















  • Carrying my lunch to work
  • Eating at locally owned restaurants
  • Replacing bulbs with CFL's (not LED as originally planned)













These specialty  fixtures we could not replace with CFL bulbs















  • Limiting showers to less than three minutes
  • Recycling bottles, cans, plastic grocery bags, junk mail, newspapers
Grocery Bags and papers collections for recycling
















  • Recycling batteries and old electronics
  • Blogging weekly about green living

Needs improvement:
  • Reading books on sustainability
  • Studying and passing LEED AP certification
  • Tracking water and electricity usage
  • Riding public transportation once a week











 

  • Purchasing carbon offset credits for personal travel through NC GreenPower
  • Using reusable grocery bags (finally put the bags in my car so I don't forget them)















So over all, I am doing very good with many of my resolutions, however, I definitely bit off more than I can chew. I have several that I need to revisit and put on my daily and weekly to do list so that I get them accomplished. Hopefully, you can get some new ideas here for how you can do better at green living and becoming more sustainable.

Thanks for checking out my blog! Be sure to check out my sponsors.

Rick

apexgardner@gmail.com



http://apexgardner.deviantart.com/ 
@apexgardner (twitter)

No comments:

Post a Comment